Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Christmas Decorations

The First Christmas here was different from any other Christmas, but we had a wonderful time, and enjoyed making things, and trying to make it feel Christmasy!

Here are some stockings I made out of old sweaters...


I found some greenery off of a "yard" tree... thats what they call the tree here..
and the red berries I found off of a "tunget" plant..


I printed some 3D houses and colored them for a small village...



I made a couch cover for our white couch, that was turning brownish from wear...



Also, Tim got me some yarn so that I could make some garland by finger knitting..



Also, we made a rustic looking wreath from dry passion fruit vines... I was going to try to spray paint it white, (Tim's idea) but we didn't get to it in time...



And we would spend some evenings just drinking hot chocolate and spending time as a family!! It was so nice!!!

Paul was very much enjoying staying up late and drinking hot chocolate with us!!



Tim takes Paul with him a lot on outreach, even if Elisha and I can't go... so here they are, heading out on visitation!!!



Paul has been learning how to pass out tracts this month...



And here is our little sleepy head, about to drop off to sleep!




Then Tim went to Lae one day, and surprised us by buying a Christmas tree!!! It was such a wonderful surprise! I had been praying for one!!! And he found this tree for only about $6.00 and it is about 4 feet tall!!


Paul helping to decorate the Christmas tree for the first time!!






Tim also was able to buy us a washing machine!!! It has been such a huge blessing!! We had been borrowing the Crowe's washing machine before, but now the Lord has blessed us with one of our own!!! We are so thankful!!



And here is Paul enjoying a sweater that Mrs. Bamford sent him!!! Thank you very much!!! It fits perfectly!!!


Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and may the Lord continue to draw us all closer to Him in this new year!!! 

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much for sharing the pictures! I love all your decoration and am especially excited you got a tree. I have been praying you could since I heard your was lost. The yarn garland was such a great idea and so cute! Love you and pray for you each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rebecca. I just found your blog after we visited one of your (and our) supporting churches in Michigan, Andersonville Community Church. We are missionaries on furlough from Kenya. I grew up in PNG from 1990 till 2002. I am enjoying your blog posts because it brings back a lot of memories. We were 8 hours from Mt. Hagen in the Last Wiru bush.

    ReplyDelete